DIY: Oatmeal and Yogurt Face Mask for Flawless Skin
Isn’t it nice to be able to make your own natural face mask at home? Depending on the skin condition you can combine the best ingredients and make a nice treat for your face.
I always go for a natural look during summer and try to avoid wearing any make up when possible. In order to feel comfortable in my own skin I love making my own face masks. This oatmeal and yogurt mask is really good at making the skin look perfectly smooth and free of blemishes.
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 banana
- Grind the oatmeal in a blender or a coffee grinder (if you're using jumbo oats)
- Mash the banana with a fork
- Mix everything together in a bowl
- Apply a thick coat of mixture onto your face
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Gently rinse off and moisturize
- Oatmeal works wonders when used in a face mask, especially if you have acne prone skin or if your face has occasional breakouts and clogged pores. Oatmeal is a natural exfoliant and contains anti-inflammatory compounds; it helps to reduce the blemishes and soothes dry, irritated skin.
- Natural or Greek yogurt rejuvenates and softens the skin by deeply moisturizing it. Due to zinc that the yogurt contains, this face mask may help reduce face discoloration and spots.
- Bananas contain vitamins C, B, and E that help even out the skin tone, slow down the skin aging process, and control the natural oils of the skin.
- Unless you are allergic to honey, it is always a good idea to mix it into your face mask. Honey has antibacterial properties, which help fight pimples by reducing the infection. It is also very effective in treating wounds and scars.
Every skin type is different, which means they react to various products in different ways. Mine gets a little reddish after removing the mask, but it goes away in a few minutes. You can test how it works for you by putting a small amount of mask on a tiny bit of your face skin before covering it all.