4 Effective Home Remedies for Acne and Scars
So that annoying pimple appeared right before the event of a lifetime again, huh? Look no further for the solutions and choose one (or a few) pimple fighting hacks from the list below!
I've never had any problems with the following pastes and face masks, but every skin type is different. I would recommend trying them on small patches of skin before applying on the whole face.
1. Cinnamon and honey paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix the ingredients in a small bowl
- Apply the paste on that particular pimple that’s been your enemy nr1 for the past couple of days
- Leave it for as long as you can, or overnight
- Rinse off with warm water
- Cinnamon helps reduce skin infections and fights pimples. It has anti-inflammatory qualities and makes the swelling and the redness go away.
- Honey is loaded with natural antibiotics, which help fight the bacteria and reduce the pimples.
2. Baking soda and honey mask
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients together and put the mixture on the affected areas and scars
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes (if you feel that your skin starts burning, wash the mask off immediately)
- Rinse off with water.
- Baking soda has mild anti-inflammatory properties and may help to reduce acne, accelerate the healing process, and finally to eliminate the scars.
- Lemon juice is slightly antibacterial, helps fade scars, and tightens the pores.
3.Coconut oil, tea tree oil, and propolis cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 drops tea tree oil
- 1 teaspoon bee propolis
- Mix it all together and refrigerate until the mixture becomes solid.
- Apply it only on pimples and wounds made by pimple popping (no judging, we all have moments of weakness).
- Try to keep the mixture on for as long as you can for best results. I like to put it on in the evening and sleep with it.
- Coconut oil has a lot of beneficial properties for the skin. It may also be used in face masks targeting acne prone skin. The nutrients in coconut oil kill the acne-causing bacteria and prevents further infections. By penetrating deeply into the skin, it unclogs the pores and cleans the dirt and germs.
- Tea tree oil is amazing for pimples, wounds, and scars due to it’s antibacterial and quick healing properties.
- Due to antibacterial and healing properties, propolis is not only good for the sore throat but it also works magic on acneic skin.
4. Oats, coconut oil, honey, and tea tree oil mask
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 drops tea tree oil
- If you're using jumbo oats, you can either ground them in a coffee grinder or mash them with a fork after mixing it with other ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients together and apply on the whole face or problematic areas.
- Let the mask work for 10 minutes and wash it off.
- Oatmeal gently exfoliates the skin and removes the redness.
Remember the strawberry mask I made earlier?
Summer is a great time for strawberries. But did you know that they contain salicylic acid (the same ingredient used in most of acne fighting products)? Take a look at this strawberry face mask I made. It works wonders on acne prone skin, lightens the skin, and makes it glow.